RELEASE PERIOD: MARCH 2014
DISTRIBUTION: UK PIAS
PRESS/ONLINE: Rob Dallison / Vision Promotions
RADIO: James Pegrum / Viaduct Promotions
PUBLISHING: Paul Kinder / COOKING VINYL
LABEL: Vesterbrother / MANAGEMENT: HΩΩPMUSIC
* ‘Lush without being pompous, and really rather lovely’ 4/5 – THE GUARDIAN *
* ‘Like a modern day The The’ 3/5’ – MOJO *
* ‘Songs with an epic thrust’ 7/10’ – CLASH *
* THE GUARDIAN’S BAND OF THE DAY 2012 *
* ROUGH TRADES BAND OF THE MONTH AUGUST 2013*
*PLEASE TRY AND LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO EMBED / SHARE / OR FEATURE THE BAND – email@example.com *
‘Neon Sun’, is the 2nd single from SATELLITES ’02’ album, and will be released as part of the new ‘ISTEDGADE EP’.
The video for ‘Neon Sun’ was conceived and directed by Yibi Hu of Moving Image Exchange, who also directed the promo for first UK single off SATELLITES.02, ‘Wasteland’ , which was both Vimeo’s Staff Pick, and MUZU TV’s video of the week.
Named after a street in Vesterbro, Copenhagen, which inspired the song, ‘Neon Sun’, the ISTEDGADE EP features a track – ‘A Million Drums’ – which was exclusive to the vinyl edition of SATELLITES.02. Plus two entirely new tracks – ‘Encore Encore’ and ‘Spent Venom’ – recorded as part of the album sessions.
A day and date release of March 3, ‘Neon Sun’ is also the launch single for the worldwide release of SATELLITES.02 (through INGrooves) in Spring 2014.
* A second consecutive year in the Rough Trade Shops chart, after SATELLITES.01 was voted #16 Album of 2012
INFO / PRESS & RADIO REQUESTS, CONTACT: e: vision(at)visionmusic.co.uk